Frequently Asked Questions
- If you have linked a Nintendo Account to Super Mario Run, you must log in to your Nintendo Account (https://accounts.nintendo.com/) and accept the updated Nintendo Account User Agreement before you can launch Super Mario Run.
- I can't log in to my Nintendo Account (support code 804-3904).
- You may be able to solve this issue by deleting your browser's cookie information.
- - If you are using an Apple device:
Go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data
- - If you are using an Android device:
In your browser's menu, go to Settings > Privacy > Clear Browsing Data.
The steps for clearing cookies may differ depending on the Android device, so refer to the device's manual and website for further information if necessary.
- I can't relink a Nintendo Account I linked in the past (support code:804-3905).
- If you want to link a Nintendo Account you linked to Super Mario Run in the past, you will need to link that account when starting the app for the first time after a fresh installation. Once the account is linked, the data from your Nintendo Account will be transferred to the device.
*You cannot link to a Nintendo Account that you previously linked using the in-app Link option.
*If you launched the app and bypassed the Link option during your first time launching it, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to start over from the beginning.
Note: Be careful not to select Delete User Data from About this App in the Settings menu.
- My user data has been carried over, but not my purchase status...
- If you're using the same Apple ID or Google account you used to purchase the game originally, there is no need to repurchase. Launch the game, go to World Tour, and tap the Purchase Screen button, Next, and then Restore Purchase to restore your purchase status.
- If you're using a different Apple ID or Google account, although your Nintendo Account user data can be carried over, your purchase status cannot. You will need to repurchase the game.
- I can't purchase the full game on my Android device (support code 804-9174)...
- It's possible you have not registered a Google Account to your current device.
Go to the settings menu on your device, tap Accounts, and then Add account to register your Google Account.
- For iOS: Music is not playing when I press the Play button within the game.
- In World Tour, Remix 10, and Kingdom Builder, if music does not play upon pressing the Play button, try the following:
1. Make sure Super Mario Run has permission to access the Music app.
To do this, go to Settings > Privacy > Media & Apple Music. If the setting for Super Mario Run is Off, switch it to On.
2. Make sure music can be played in the Music app.
- For Android: The music playing through the music app stops when I try to continue via bookmark data.
- If the music you're playing via the music-playing app stops when you reopen Super Mario Run, try the following:
1. Swipe down on the notification area to display the notification drawer.
2. Press the music app's Play button in the notification drawer.
Note: On most Android devices, swiping down from the top of the screen while Super Mario Run is open will display the notification drawer. If this doesn't work, please contact the maker of your device.
- When playing on a Nexus 9 tablet, the Super Mario Run game sometimes closes suddenly.
- It has been observed that the game will sometimes close suddenly when playing on a Nexus 9 tablet. The issue is currently being investigated.
In the meantime, if you have an Android device other than a Nexus 9 that supports Super Mario Run, you can transfer user data to that device by linking your Nintendo Account to the game.